Advance Electronic Tech
(904) 333 – 5936
Quality Work...Same Day Service

TV Repair And Electric Shock?

July 20, 2018

Have you ever electrocuted yourself in an attempt to repair or service any electronic device such as your TV or iron or food processor may be? I’m sure you have. Everyone has at some point of time and as funny as it may sound and appear on the face of it, it is NOT! This is one of the major and distinct dangers that you will be exposing yourself to when you try to work with electronics all by yourself.

TV Repair And Electric Shock

Your local TV repair expert will always warn you against trying anything of that sort by yourself simply because most of the time you will end up ruining the set. This means more work for the professional and more time and money spent in repairing them. So when instead of thinking, “where could I find reliable TV repair near me,” we decide to take things in our own hands, which later get out of our hands resulting in an even bigger disaster.

While it seems like a very easy thing to be able to save a few hundred bucks on TV repair, it is not exactly going to be a piece of cake. You will have to invest a considerable amount of time learning to repair your television set. This means you will have to make efforts to acquire a totally different set of skills and that translates into a lot of time and dedication being spent on your part.

It is still a matter of time when you will give up right in the middle of the TV repair and instead of continuing with the task at hand, choose to call in the expert. But if you’re still adamant about doing it yourself, the biggest and the most important safety precaution you will need to take is against electrocution.

Your TV repair expert will always advise you to wear appropriate clothing while performing any kind of repairs on your electronics. Typically they would suggest you to keep a pair of rubber-soled shoes handy along with a pair of gloves.

Again, like I pointed out, the most significant threat and a clear and prominent danger to everyone who decides to carry out TV or any kind of electrical testing or repair work on their own is that of an electric shock. Electric shock could result from when any part of your body comes in contact with a conductor that is live at that point and has a dangerous voltage going through it.

For example if you touch something that is connected to the mains supply, while your feet are planted firm on the earth, it will get you electrocuted. Apart from this you get prone to burn injuries which are a result of arcing when conductors accidentally short-circuit.

About the Author

Leave a Reply

*

captcha *